What, where, when and how to get there:
- A participatory festival where you can learn how to sing, dance and play or just jam with other musicians to your heart's content. Plus, great entertainment! See the Festival Overview for more information.
- Albuquerque Balloon Museum, 9201 Balloon Museum Dr. NE, Albuquerque, NM (map)
Saturday, June 1, 2013
Gates open at 9:30 am. Activities go from 10 am - 11 pm.
- Camping available Friday at 4 pm until Sunday at noon so you can spend the weekend at the Festival.
- Saturday, June 1, 2013
- Parking is FREE!
Food and Drink:
- Bill's BBQ - Pork or beef BBQ sandwiches, ribs, turkey legs, hot links, potato salad, beans, Kettle Korn
- Ahhromas Wood Fired Pizza - Artisan wood-fired pizza cooked fresh on-site. Cheese, pepperoni, margherita, vegetarian, Italian sausage
- Basil's Asian Food - Tappan chicken combo chicken adobo combo, pork BBQ skewers, shrimp tempura combo, pansit noodles, pork or veggie Chinese egg roll lumpia, garlic rice, Halo Halo dessert
- Mother Truckin' Gourmet - Roast chicken on French bread w/ pepperjack cheese; wild rice with fruit, roast shrimp and orzo, chopped Cobb salads, Greek pasta, Chinese chicken, tuna pitas
- Chavez Chile - Breakfast burritos, steak or chicken fajitas, taquitos, Frito pies, quesadillas, nachos, tacos, chile bowls, salsa
- Hawaiian Shaved Ice - 18 flavors of "real" shave ice with Hawaiian Sour or Cream; large all-beef or kosher dogs with chips: plain dog, green or red chile dog, Chicago dog
- Cold Stone Creamery - Chocolate devotion, mint-mint chocolate chip, strawberry blond, Oreo overload, coffee lovers and raspberry sorbet: waffle bowls and cones
- La Vida Mocha - Selection of iced or hot gourmet coffees, latte, hot chocolate, cappuccino, Agua Frescas in four flavors
Dogs are not allowed at the Festival.
However, you may have your dog on a leash at the Festival camp site. If you choose to have your dog at the camp site, remember: Ensure its well-being (don't leave it in a car or on a short chain without water) and be sure to clean up after it.
- Dogs are not allowed at the Festival.
- Sponsor Hotel: Comfort Inn and Suites North, at 5811 Signal Ave NE (SE corner of Alameda and I-25 behind the Burger King) (505) 822-1090. Special Festival Rates: $61 plus taxes for one or two adults, including a free hot breakfast and free high speed internet access. When you make a reservation, call the hotel directly and tell them you're with the Albuquerque Folk Festival. This hotel is less than 3 miles from the Albuquerque Balloon Museum.
- Onsite camping is FREE! You can camp from Friday at 4 pm until Sunday at noon. Here are camping rules, a map, and a registration form.
- $20 At the gate for all day Saturday (including evening dances)
- FREE Children under 12
- $5 Children 12-18
- $5 Active duty military (with ID)
- $15 Seniors (65+), military spouses, and students 18-25
- $15 Saturday evening after 5:30 pm
- Advance tickets $15 (see below for ticket sales locations)
Advance Ticket Sales:
- Advance tickets aren't available yet; these are last year's locations:
- Apple Mountain Music, 10301 Comanche Rd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87111, 505-237-2048, email@example.com (Map)
- Baum's Music, 2908 Eubank Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87112, 505-292-0707, firstname.lastname@example.org (Map)
- Grumpy's Guitars, 5015 Lomas Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110, 505-255-0599, email@example.com (Map)
- Guitar Vista, 3117 Silver Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106, 505-268-1133, firstname.lastname@example.org (Map)
- Marc's Guitar Center, 2324 Central Ave SE, Albuquerque, NM 87106, 505-265-3315, email@example.com (Map)
- Music Go Round, 7116 Menaul NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110, 505-875-0110 (Map)
- Music Mart, 3301 Carlisle Blvd. NE, Albuquerque, NM 87110, 505-889-9777, firstname.lastname@example.org (Map)
- West Side:
- Santa Fe:
- Performances on five stages
- Music & Dance Workshops all day long
- Evening Dance programs
- Open jam sessions, all levels
- Free Instrument Check Room! (Saturday 8:00 am - 9:00 pm)
- Plenty of places for spontaneous jam sessions
- Vendors selling strings, instruments and folk related items.
- Free camping (and jamming) on Friday and Saturday nights.
- Bring "closet" instruments (Instruments hanging around in closets) to donate to the festival.